Sunday Sermon Takeaway - The Servant King

6:00 PM Esther 0 Comments

The weather is pretty good here today in London, in fact the weather has been pretty amazing this whole week that i had off for my easter break from uni. It's a pity i spent most of it cooped up in my room revising and writing essays =( But hey, at least i am enjoying the sun through my bedroom window =P (sounds sad i know) less than 3 weeks to finals and i am one week behind my original revision schedule! *gasp! stress stress stress* 

We looked at John 21:1-14 today, where Jesus appeared to his disciples the 3rd time after He was raised from the dead. Even after His death and resurrection, He is still the servant Lord. He prepared breakfast for His disciples! And He asked us to do the same (serve others! More than just preparing breakfast).
When they got out on land, they saw a charcoal fire in place, with fish laid out on it, and bread.
12 Jesus said to them, “Come and have breakfast.”

He is also the provider of everything we need, not only physical needs but also our spiritual needs.  We only need to ask.
Jesus said to them, “Children, do you have any fish?” They answered him, “No.” He said to them, “Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.” So they cast it, and now they were not able to haul it in, because of the quantity of fish.
I realised these past 6 years the Lord has been really really good to me. I have been truly blessed. I need to repent. I am the type who always stress about the future, always wanting to plan the future even though I know I am not in control of anything that may happen in my life. I am always living for the future, not in the moment. No matter how many times God has proved to me that He is in charge and there is no need to worry about life, I still stress myself out. Silly me.

My paternal grandmother is currently being hospitalised and is very ill. I have an uneasy feeling about the whole situation. I am only returning home this summer in August. I do not know if i will see her again - in this world that is. But I must have faith that I WILL see her again in the new creation. All i can do for her now is pray for God to relieve her of her physical sufferings and God's peace and love be with her. =(



0 comments: